“Taha is very inspirational on how much of a change you can make in a short period if you put your mind to it,” says Craig Boyd, Taha’s personal trainer.
“When Taha started out, he was unable to complete his 30-minute sessions. I really thought he was going to quit. After doing his nutrition consultation, he had more energy for his workouts was enjoying them and started training 5x per week, a total turnaround. Because of this he has improved in his strength, conditioning, energy levels, and has lost a lot of weight. He even enjoys the workouts— something I thought I would never say!”
We asked Taha a few questions about where he started, why he’s here and what he’s focussed on now:
What first drew you to Precision Athletics?
These days you don’t go to a doctor or a restaurant without checking their Google maps reviews so that was the first thing I did when I was searching for a gym. Precision Athletics has awesome reviews and many of my coworkers recommended the place.
What were your initial fitness goals?
The first goal was to get fit. I have three kids and I like to do activities with them like hiking, playing soccer, etc, and I was having trouble keeping up with them and I was getting tired quickly.
The second goal was to be more healthy. I was diagnosed with type two diabetes two years ago and the doctor told me that I have to lose weight and change my lifestyle.
Why do you work out with a personal trainer?
I can think of three important reasons why I work out with a personal trainer:
- It’s very important to have a personal trainer at least for some time—ignorance and poor execution are common catalysts for injury. A knowledgeable personal trainer will improve your exercise execution and skill so that you reduce your risk for injury and get the most out of each activity.
- I get bored with gym routines and I start finding reasons not to go. Having a personal trainer keeps it interesting by offering a wide variety of creative exercises.
- I have limited time to go to the gym, having a personal trainer saves me plenty of time and energy wasted doing inefficient workouts. They show me how to maximize my efforts and results.
What are your current fitness goals?
- Make the gym a daily pleasurable habit not just something I have to do.
- Continue to get in shape and get healthy.
What is it about Precision Athletics that keeps you coming back?
Many reasons: I am seeing substantial results in my fitness and health. Awesome personal trainers that keep me motivated and adjust my workout based on my progress. The friendly staff and a judgment-free gym.